Board Certified in Allergy and Immunology
Eastside 11410 Vista Del Sol 79936
Central 1600 Medical Center Ste #201 79902
Westside 5020 N. Desert C1-B 79912 Coming in June
Specializing in treating the following disorders:
Allergies Asthma Chronic sinusitis
Chronic cough Contact Dermatitis Drug Allergies
Eczema/Atopic Dermatitis Food allergies Hives
Insect sting allergies Urticaria Vaccine reactions
We specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of allergic, asthma and immunologic disorders.
New Patient Information
Please bring your insurance information, referral letter, and list of medications when you come for your first visit.
You can fill out our new patient forms listed below and bring them in when you come in for your appointment to save time.
Sublingual immunotherapy is a fancy name for oral allergy drops. The drops, which contain the allergens that you are allergic to, are taken by placing them under your tongue for a few seconds and then swallowed on a daily basis. This is the injection free way to take your immunotherapy in the comfort of your own home.
· Injection free! No shots, great for children
· Done at home. No trip to the doctor’s office
· Decreases the chance of future allergies and asthma
· Can begin two months before the pollen season for patients with spring or fall allergies or used year round for chronic allergy sufferers.
NoNot covered by insurance in the United States, however the price is similar to most patient medication co-pays around $50 a month.
Allergy shots or immunotherapy is the name of the treatment in which we give small amounts of pollen or mold that a patient is allergic to by oral drops or injection to desensitize the immune system.
Two different methods are available:
1. Regular allergy shots. Weekly build up over 5 months then monthly. Safe and very effective. Patients have been treated since 1910 with this type of shot treatment.
2. Cluster allergy shots. Four weekly two hour build ups then monthly. Time convenient but higher risk of reaction and a higher cost.
Treatment is recommended for 3 to 5 years.